– Anne Tyler, The Accidental Tourist
And we are howling or dancing out our souls
In beating syllables before the curtain:
We are Shakespearean, we are strangers. ❞
– Delmore Schwartz, from Dogs Are Shakespearean, Children Are Strangers
Hallelujah by Matty Healy
– Leo Tolstoy, from The Death of Ivan Ilych
Pillar of white in a blackout of knives.
I am the magician’s girl who does not flinch ❞
– Sylvia Plath, from The Bee Meeting
your wholeness cascades into many shapes.
You run like a herd of luminous deer,
and I am dark;
I am forest. ❞
– Rilke’s Book of Hours, I, 45.
– Frida Kahlo, from The Diary Of Frida Kahlo: An Intimate Self-Portrait
– from The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño
we’re having, let it be extravagant. ❞
– Jane Kenyon, from Taking Down The Tree
lie down beside you and be good for you. ❞
– Marilyn Hacker, from Love, Death And The Changing Of The Seasons
// back in time